Department of Human Services - DHS

 Government Agencies

To report child or dependent adult abuse call 1-800-362-2178.

To report a change to your Medicaid, Food Assistance or FIP case call 1-877-347-5678.

Call your worker for questions about your case. Your local office phone number and address may be found on the DHS office map.

For general information or further assistance call 1-800-972-2017.

For public inquiries or concerns, please click the DHS Contact Form. This form is to receive your feedback only, this is not an appeal. If you have been notified that you have appeal rights, you will need to follow the process here to file an appeal.

For telephone accessibility assistance if you are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or have difficulty speaking call Relay Iowa TTY at 1-800-735-2942.

Contact details

Multiple locations in IowaIowa